Connecting via a Web Browser
To make a call to a Virtual Meeting Room or Virtual Auditorium, or to call another person directly, using VC-Connect via a web browser:
- Open one of the following supported browsers:
- Google Chrome version 61 and later (64-bit only)
- Mozilla Firefox version 68 and later
- Opera version 53 and later
- Microsoft Edge — all chromium-based versions, and HTML versions 41 and later
- Apple Safari version 11.1 and later on macOS
- Do one of the following in the address bar:
- Enter the link to the Virtual Meeting Room or Virtual Auditorium that was provided to you by your system administrator or the conference organizer.
- Enter the address https://join.dial.vc
- You will be presented with the log in screen.
- In the Person or conference to dial field, enter the alias of the Virtual Meeting Room or Virtual Auditorium you wish to join, or the address of the person you wish to call directly.
- Enter Your name. When you join the conference, this name will be shown in the roster on the left of the screen. (The roster shows the names of all participants, and appears in all VC-Connect clients.)
- Select Join.
- If the Virtual Meeting Room or Virtual Auditorium is PIN-protected, you will be prompted to enter an appropriate host or guest PIN. Enter the PIN and select Join.
- If prompted, allow the browser to use your camera and microphone.
- For Chrome and Opera users, the first time you connect to a particular Conferencing Node or domain you may see a message saying that the site wants to use your camera and microphone. Select Allow.
- For Firefox users, you must click on the icon at the top left of the address bar and select the camera and microphone to use and then Share Selected Devices.
After a few moments you will be connected to the conference.