Phone Books - A Guide for UCi2i Partners
Create a phone book directory
Before any endpoints can access the phone book service, you need to create a phone book directory through the partner portal (https://partner.uci2i.com).
- Go to the phone book directories screen and create a new directory
- Each directory must be given a name and assigned to a customer
- You must create at least 1 folder in the root of your directory. You can add as many sub-folders as you like
- Add service plans or custom entries into any of the folders to reflect where you would like them to appear
- Custom entries can be created for addresses that are not service plans, e.g. external clients
- You can create multiple directories for a customer, but only one can be the default, and this is the one that the end points will see
Set the phone book URL
All end points must be set to receive their phone books from dial.vc. This is a once-only task that can usually be done centrally by an administrator, so this is a step that can sometimes be skipped.
Validate your video end point
The final step in setting up the phone book is to validate it with the server. Once the phone book URL has been set up, you should be able to open the address book on your end point and select the 'Validate' option to call. Once the call to validate has connected, you can hang up the call ... validation complete!!
Close the phone book on the end point and re-open it. You should now see your new directory
The following are currently supported:
- Cisco (set to TMS format)
- Tandberg (set to TMS format)
- You can provide UCi2i Support with the MAC address and Serial number of the unit as they can update that in the back end system to complete the process manually.
- Phone books only get served to endpoints that have an active status, i.e. Trial, On Plan or Not On Plan.
- It is possible that you configure an endpoint to use the phone book service, but that customer does not have a directory set up. In these cases, when you access the phone book on the end point, it will display a message indicating that there is no directory for this customer.
- If the full set up of this endpoint has not been completed on the server, when you access the phone book you may see a message stating final set up is required. This will typically refer to the status not being set correctly.